• Do not feed foxes. They have been known to eat food out of human hands. This is not only dangerous to you, but it can alter the fox's diet, causing detrimental effects for the fox.
• Be sure to keep vehicle windows rolled up and do not store food in any open areas of your vehicle. Foxes are not afraid to jump into your vehicle if they are motivated enough.
• If a fox does not immediately run away, make some noise to shoo it off. Clap your hands, stomp your feet, wave your arms, yell or do something to make your presence known, but do not approach or chase the animal.
FOX (Vulpes vulpes) ECOLOGY
• The adult red fox typically weighs between 10 and 15 pounds and totals in length between 39 and 43 inches.
• Foxes are opportunistic predators that focus mostly on small rodents and mammals such as bird, mice and chipmunks.
• Litters typically range from four to eight pups.
• Foxes are mostly nocturnal, with eyesight that is adapted for night vision.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FOXES IN MONTANA, CLICK THIS LINK.